Entry Requirements and Guidelines


Artists, non-artists and makers, aged 16+, from across the southwest: Wiltshire, Dorset, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall.

Submission procedure

By online entry at www.familiesoutloud.org/exhibition

Exhibition location

Trowbridge Town Hall, Trowbridge, BA14 8EQ, Wiltshire

Key dates

Open for entry – 16th August 2022

Entry deadline – 24th October 5.00pm

Artwork delivery – 2nd November, 10.00am – 4.00pm

Private View – 4th November, 6.00pm – 7.30pm

Exhibition open to the public – 5th November – 26th November

Exhibition ends Saturday 26th November

Collection of unsold work – Monday 28th November 10.00am- 4.00pm

Entry prices and guidelines

Submission by online entry only

  1. You can enter up to three works. First work costs £10.00. Each extra work costs £5.00. Payable to Families Out Loud (Registered Charity Number 1189345).
  2. All works will be selected by a team of four selectors which will include three artists and the Lead Counsellor for Families Out loud.
  3. Open to all artists over the age of 16.
  4. Entries may include paintings, drawings, prints, mixed media, sculpture and photography (digital prints and video are not accepted).
  5. Work should not exceed 130 x 130cm.
  6. Price of work should include cost of frame.
  7. The commission taken from any sales of work will be 30% to Trowbridge Town Hall.
  8. Photos of submitted work needs to be in jpg or jpeg format, no more than 5mb file size and should be of the work ONLY – no frames or other content.
  9. Whatever you put on the entry form will appear on the labels and in the catalogue.
  10. If you would prefer to remain anonymous and not have your name on the displayed work or in a catalogue, please let us know.
  11. Please confirm all your details are accurate before confirming entry.
  12. Labels must be firmly attached to the back of all 2D work. On a secure position on 3D work. Another LABEL attached by string must hang over the front. Both labels should have the name of artist, title of work, price, address, and contact details.
  13. All unsold work must be collected by 4.00pm on Monday the 28th of November 2022.

* Please note submission does not guarantee acceptance

Notification of acceptance

Artists will be notified by email of acceptance of their work for the exhibition by Wednesday 27th October 2022.

Delivery and collection

  1. Work that is accepted for the exhibition must be delivered sale-worthy and ready to be hung if collected by a prospective buyer at the end of the show.
  2. Sculpture should be both stable and safe to exhibit (if heavy provided with means of transport across gallery floor).
  3. Accepted work is to be delivered on Wednesday the 2nd of November 2022 to the art gallery at Trowbridge Town Hall BA14 8EQ.
  4. All work must be delivered in person – we cannot accept couriered work.
  5. All work submitted must be correctly labelled.
  6. All 2D work should be fitted with D rings and hanging wire or cord.
  7. All artworks are submitted at the artist owner’s risk. Artists are therefore advised to insure their works against risks.
  8. Whilst the exhibition organisers and Trowbridge Town Hall will take every possible care of works in the Gallery, they cannot undertake any responsibility whatsoever for any loss of, or damage to, works entrusted to them.
  9. All unsold work is to be collected on 28th November 2022.
  10. Storage rates will be charged at £10 per week by TTH for any work left unclaimed after Monday 28th November.

Sales and payments

  1. All work sold at the exhibition will incur a commission of 30% which will be paid to Trowbridge Town Hall. The remaining 70% will go to the artist.
  2. All sold work must remain in the gallery until the end of the Exhibition.
  3. Payments to artists will be made by Trowbridge Town Hall at the end of the exhibition.
  4. All other money raised will go to the charity Families Out Loud.

Additional information

The copyright and all other intellectual property rights to work, will remain the property of the artist. The Exhibition organisers have the right to copy and /or reproduce works submitted and to communicate and/or issue such copies to the public in connection with the exhibition for advertising the sale of artworks and general marketing and promotional purposes. And other related activities, including without limitation, the incorporation of images of artworks within promotional and marketing materials, catalogues, posters or on Exhibition organisers websites and social media site now known or hereafter devised.

For any further information email: enquiries@familiesoutloud.org